Ground and Center: Root Chakra Representing Earth Signs Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo
The Red Rose
Manifests the Energies of the Root Chakra
The Root Chakra is about finding home within yourself, a sense of deep inner peace and a strong sense of grounding and being centered. Here, you can be released from the grips of survival into a place of thriving. There is trust, connection to community, and you can rely on others and joyfully understand your responsibilities in turn. You are held and have a strong foundations for all aspects of life. With your guard down, you have the tools to ride the waves if you need. Everything is okay.
Meditation on the Root Chakra
Sit in a comfortable position that will allow you to remain alert and then focus your concentration on this exercise. Close your eyes and prepare for the meditation.
- As you bring yourself into the present moment, check the mind and body for things you have carried throughout the day – perhaps things that have been going on recently or thoughts from the events of the day.
- Whatever the thoughts and feelings are, simply acknowledge them and allow them to be, without any analysis or judgement.
- Bring awareness to your breathing. Just breathe naturally and normally, without trying to control it; being mindful of the breath rising and falling as you inhale and exhale. As you breathe in focus on breathing in and then as you breathe out, focus on breathing out. Simply concentrate on the breath, breathing in and breathing out.
- Now gently shift your focus from the breath and bring it to sensations on the body. Observe and acknowledge the myriad of sensations flowing through the body as they change with each moment.
- If you find areas of tightness and tension with your body check try to allow them to soften and relax. Focus on the Root Chakra at the base of your spine.
- One of the best things you can do to bring something into your life is to be already thankful for it – as if it already happened. See your chakra healed and thriving and it will be. Ask it if there is anything you need to do to help it heal. When you are ready open your eyes.
Restoring the Root Chakra
Spend time in nature. Sit or stand barefoot in nature and feel your roots merging with the earth beneath you. Consider your founding beliefs. If they no longer serve you, it may be time to reconsider your priorities or the foundations you live your life by. Be aware of any recurring patterns that may be holding you back.
Foundations, grounding, basic needs, survival, physical identity, responsibilities, the place where we build our lives, time in nature