The Sacral Chakra invites you to revel in the present moment and feel deeply into your senses
The theme of the sacral chakra meditation is to get in touch with your creativity and embrace your natural expressio, however it looks to you. The way you live is an art form – a unique expression of yourself. You can dance through challenge, sing through restriction and paint your reality. The Sacral Chakra opens the door to a deeper relationship with your body, your sensuality and your sexuality.
Sacral Chakra: Church of Smyrna
Church of Smyrna: Revelation 2:8-11
Mini Meditation: Focus on lower abdomen, pelvis area
Sit in a comfortable position that will allow you to remain alert and then focus your concentration on this exercise. Close your eyes and prepare for the meditation. Feel the muscles in your body softening and relaxing. Think of a bright orange light in your sacral chakra area.
Orange rays of light increase your happiness and confidence
Bring your awareness to your breathing until you feel calm and relaxed. Imagine a large book in front of you, radiating light. It contains unlimited insight and ideas to help you in all areas of your life Think of a question or issue of significance to you, and imagine how you will feel when you gain clarity about it. Focus on those feelings. Ask the book your question, or for general insight, and wait for it to flip open to a page by itself. In your mind's eye, look at the page. What do you see? An image? Words? Or do you get a feeling? Thank the book for its help and slowly open your eyes.
Meditation With The Sacral Chakra
Sit in a comfortable position that will allow you to remain alert and then focus your concentration on this exercise. Close your eyes and prepare for the meditation.
- As you bring yourself into the present moment, check the mind and body for things you have carried throughout the day – perhaps things that have been going on recently or thoughts from the events of the day.
- Whatever the thoughts and feelings are, simply acknowledge them and allow them to be, without any analysis or judgement.
- Bring awareness to your breathing. Just breathe naturally and normally, without trying to control it; being mindful of the breath rising and falling as you inhale and exhale. As you breathe in focus on breathing in and then as you breathe out, focus on breathing out. Simply concentrate on the breath, breathing in and breathing out.
- Now gently shift your focus from the breath and bring it to sensations on the body. Observe and acknowledge the myriad of sensations flowing through the body as they change with each moment.
- If you find areas of tightness and tension with your body check try to allow them to soften and relax. Focus on the Sacral Chakra which is located at your lower abdomen, pelvis area.
- One of the best things you can do to bring something into your life is to be already thankful for it – as if it already happened. See your chakra healed and thriving and it will be. Ask it if there is anything you need to do to help it heal. When you are ready open your eyes.
Feelings, emotional responses, pleasure, sensuality, intimacy, connection, letting go, creativity, boundaries, valuing the body.